Every year, online marketers are coming up with new tactics and ad formats to make advertising even more effective. And a new recent addition to that list is native banner ads.
But while this ad format works really well for both advertisers and publishers, the publishers need to place those ads in the right place to get the most profit out of it.
In this article, we’re going to reveal how you can place native ad banners in the right way and maximize your profit.
So, let’s dive in…
Why Is The Placement Of Native Banner Ads So Important?
So, why is the placement of your native ad banners are so important? The answer is rather simple. That’s because the placement of your banners will decide how many people are going to end up interacting with it. And if you’re a publisher and decide to use them on your website, then the right placement would mean more and more people will click on those ads. And the more people click on them, the more money you’ll make.
This is the very reason why you must find the perfect place to post the native banners so more and more people can interact with them. The advertisers aren’t just paying to show their ads to the people. What they want is results and interaction with their ads.
Best Areas For Placing Native Ad Banner
Now that you know how important it is to find the right position to place your native banner ads on your websites, it’s time to dig into finding the actual right place for it. Remember, each industry has a different set of requirements for placing the ads. And to find the best place to show your native banners would depend on your audience and your websites’ industries.
Here are a few questions that you must ask yourself before deciding the right place for the ads:
- Why the user is visiting my site? What’s their purpose?
- After they get to a particular page, what is the thing that they do the most?
- Where do they focus most of their attention?
- How can I make my web pages look clean, appealing, and tidy them up?
- How can I place the banners in the areas my audience focuses most while not irritating them?
Now, there are two things you must keep in mind when placing any kind of native banner ads on your website. And they are:
The Visible Parts Of Your Website
The first thing you must remember when placing the native banners is that it should always be placed in a place that is most visible to your audience. For example, if you want to enhance the visibility of the ads, then it’s better to place it on the upper-most part of the website.
The reason is quite simple. When your webpage starts loading in the browser, the upper part of it shows up first.
However, you need to be very careful while doing this. Although the native ads are created to present the ads as a part of the website, your audience might lose interest al-together if the ads on your websites are too obvious. However, if you don’t position your ads the right way, the visitor might just never see it. So, you have to maintain a proper balance between these two things to actually make them click.
Most Visited Pages
To make the most out of the native ad banners, first, you have to figure out which pages of your site are most popular than others. Basically, these are the pages that attract the biggest portion of your traffic and have the potential to generate the most money for you. Therefore, if you place the native banners in those places, then the ads will get more exposure. And as a result, you will make more money.
While these pages might not have the best CTR, the sheer amount of traffic makes these pages more likely to get most clicks and earn more profit.
However, that doesn’t mean that you should populate your popular pages will native ads all over them. Instead, make sure your pages’ titles and the first few paragraphs get the chance to shine before the first ad hits. Also, you must strive to give your native banner ads the right positioning among the pages so they can blend with the original content of the pages.
Some Quick Tips For Different Website Types
By now, you understand how important it is to position your native banner in the right places. And you also know in which places you must position your ads. However, the exact effective position for the banners varies quite a bit for different types of websites.
For example, streaming sites shouldn’t position the ads in the same places as a blogging site. Each type of site has a different purpose. So, the right place for native banners varies too.
Here are the best positions to place a native ad for each type of website:
- Blog And News Website: Blogs and news websites are perfect for native banner ads thanks to the existence of the multiple different types of content. So, any native ad that is creative enough and has a great creative can fit in. Therefore, as long as the ad resembles authentic content, you can place it on the sidebars, between content, or above the fold.
- Streaming Website: Just like the blog and the news websites, streaming websites are a perfect fit for the native banners. However, you shouldn’t really be placing them in the sidebars. Therefore, the best place for banner ads in the streaming websites is either above the video player or below it.
- Online Service Website: For online service websites or tools, the best place for native banners is the thank you page after the user is done using the service once.
In The End…
Use the above tips and position your native banners in the right places of your website. This way, you can rip the full benefit of the native ads and maximize the profit your earn from them.
PS: Still have questions about the native ads? Contact ForeMedia today.